Danny is right.
I went into the doctor's for an unrelated mishap and found out I had pnemonia (sp??) last summer. Turns out it was the mold
growing in our boat that did it to me. The damage the toxins and spores do to you is just incredible. I was unable to walk quickly without losing my breath... very scary. Before that, I had been allergic to nothing and had no history
of asthma. I even was in decent cardiovascular shape from snowboarding a lot and doing centuries (100 mile rides) on bicycles in the past.
Now that I have become a mold removal
expert, I have gained back my lung function. That stuff can *definitely* kill you over time. No doubt about it. I'm just glad I went in to the doctor's and found out about the problems I was having in time to fix them by getting rid of the mold. It was no easy task (a week of scrubbing - there ARE no shortcuts), but now we're mold free and I'm back to normal.
Scares me to think what kind of permanent damage I have done to my lungs...
Of course - if this is rot on the outside, it's not a big deal. It's inside spores that get you.
I think we had a boating
healthy/safety thread somewhere... mold is definitely a HUGE health
threat for cruisers.