Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-03-2012, 07:11   #31
Resin Head

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Nauticat
Re: Waxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by svBeBe View Post
You are so uninformed.

When you pay more than $30 per day in a country that the average wage is $30 per day you are superimposing your prejudices on people of a country and on a society that is not yours.

How would you like it if rich Russians did the same thing where you live and did it to a few of your friends. Would you appreciate it? Would you like the Russians? Would you think the Russians are good people?

The answer is NO, you would resent them. The US and other western countries have a difficult time getting along with the rest of the world and it is attitudes like yours that make matters worse.

We need to understand other cultures, not try to change them to be like us!

When will we all learn?

Bill

Read again and note that I was talking about migrant laborers here in America. How would you feel if you lived in another country where the currency was worth drastically more than yours and people won't pay you a living wage because you're a foreign national? As I said, if I was in a foreign country I would stick to the local price structure, but I am not and neither is the person who suggested paying laborerers $30 a day just because they are from Mexico instead of America. Here $30 barely buys you lunch. Just because they are willing does not mean it's fair, IMHO. A fair wage for hard work is just a basic sign of human decency and respect to me. But once again I realize that I am clearly in the minority here on that belief. Read more carefully next time, I was in no way advocating going to another country and paying much more than the local rates. I thought that was quite clear.
minaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 22:05   #32
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Now boatless :-(
Quote:
Originally Posted by minaret

Read again and note that I was talking about migrant laborers here in America. How would you feel if you lived in another country where the currency was worth drastically more than yours and people won't pay you a living wage because you're a foreign national? As I said, if I was in a foreign country I would stick to the local price structure, but I am not and neither is the person who suggested paying laborerers $30 a day just because they are from Mexico instead of America. Here $30 barely buys you lunch. Just because they are willing does not mean it's fair, IMHO. A fair wage for hard work is just a basic sign of human decency and respect to me. But once again I realize that I am clearly in the minority here on that belief. Read more carefully next time, I was in no way advocating going to another country and paying much more than the local rates. I thought that was quite clear.
Minaret - take a breath...

Bobconnie trolled out his migrant worker post twice. The first time no one bit. The second time you did. Now you and scbebe are in a fight and bobconnie is probably laughing his ass off.

This is about waxing boats, not migrant workers.

Shame on bobconnie for trolling... Once was ok. The second one was an obvious troll. This is a clear example of how threads head south. If bobconnie doesnt wax his own boat he clearly has nothing to add...

Stupid, stupid, stupid behavior... Ok rant over...
Ex-Calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 23:37   #33
Resin Head

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Calif View Post
Minaret - take a breath...

Bobconnie trolled out his migrant worker post twice. The first time no one bit. The second time you did. Now you and scbebe are in a fight and bobconnie is probably laughing his ass off.

This is about waxing boats, not migrant workers.

Shame on bobconnie for trolling... Once was ok. The second one was an obvious troll. This is a clear example of how threads head south. If bobconnie doesnt wax his own boat he clearly has nothing to add...

Stupid, stupid, stupid behavior... Ok rant over...

Yea sorry, I think you probably know by now I'm a sucker for that sort of thing.
Old 29-03-2012, 03:54   #34
CLOD

Boat: none

And just to have something to say about the waxing - the cleaner wax seemed to me to be a lot better and easier to use than the highly rated other wax. I started using the cleaner wax on the boot strip when the area was dull looking from where the fenders hang. While it didn't fix that problem the strip looked so much better that I redid the whole lower section of the boat with it. Turns out that strip really is blue.
Old 29-03-2012, 07:17   #35
Resin Head

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Lucas View Post
And just to have something to say about the waxing - the cleaner wax seemed to me to be a lot better and easier to use than the highly rated other wax. I started using the cleaner wax on the boot strip when the area was dull looking from where the fenders hang. While it didn't fix that problem the strip looked so much better that I redid the whole lower section of the boat with it. Turns out that strip really is blue.

Sounds like it was more dirty than in need of wax. Cleaner wax is a terrible product for many reasons. Clean the boat first, then polish it, then wax it. Easy.
Old 29-03-2012, 07:24   #36
CLOD

Boat: none

did clean it first!
Old 29-03-2012, 09:01   #37

Boat: Now we need to get her to Louisiana !! she's ours

Miaret, most of the time I agree with you on most repair and maintaince threads, but your wrong on this one if a workman offers you a price, how are you wrong for accepting it ?? if I had said I haggled him down you might have point ! but I accepted his price as offered !! and as far as trolling is concerned I thought it was an open site for opinions !! I don't run a waxing bizz, so whats the trolling about !! I was saying what I know to be true !! if ya don't like the prices to bad! we love em down here !!!