Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Construction, Maintenance & Refit
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-07-2017, 08:56   #1

Boat: Beneteau
Unsure of cracks in bonding material after delivery

Hi all,

Have just delivered my first sailboat from Portugal to Norway, a 2010 Bene Oceanis 40' and have noticed a few small new cracks in the grey bonding material between the hull and inner support systems that were not present in surveys.

A few days of the trip were spent sailing to weather in 20-30 kn under main and engine so obviously some pounding in the forward region nothing serious I thought but I'm not totally confident what the limits of this size/hull of Beneteau actually is.

As I'm unsure of the construction methods and what kind of forces this particular bonding material should endure before cracking I though I would ask if any Beneteau owners have experienced this or if anyone knows how normal this is?

The largest is pictured and in the forward cabin and a few others around the vessel smaller and little chips of glass in drains etc..Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0209.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	402.3 KB
ID:	151682

Cheers
sebathon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
delivery