Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-09-2018, 10:31   #16

Boat: 35ft classic ketch/yawl.
Send a message via Skype™ to roland stockham
Re: Unifridge? Anyone have experience?

Fridges are notoriously problematic on small boats and getting efficient insulation on a built in unit is often a problem. I have had very good results with a Dometic portable compressor unit, works as a fridge or freezer and draws very little power even in the tropics. If anything goes wrong you can take it into the shop raather than having to geta techie outto the boat. Youcanalso take it to the store and use it to transport cold or frozen goods if youhave a car available.
roland stockham is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enc

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off