Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-02-2011, 16:46   #271

Boat: Lavranos 39 S/v Continental Drift
I wish this product worked. Here in cayman paint is $300/gal and another couple thousand to have it applied as the only boatyard won't let me do it.

BTW I don't know who to believe anymore

P. T. Barnum - Wikiquote

Misattributed
Old 20-02-2011, 22:49   #272

Boat: SS34
Re: Ultrasonic Anti-Fouling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral Cement View Post
Oh, right - next you're gonna want to know the Colonel's secret recipe and the formula for Coke!

John

It seems the formula for coke was released on the 11th of February. Some scary stuff there.

Coca-Cola formula - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 20-02-2011, 23:06   #273

Oh hum!!!
I have now installed a trial system on a Ferry Cat with one hull being cleaned and the other left with what growth is already there. Before everyone jumps on their key boards and starts bagging me for info - "Obviously it won't work over night"!!!.

I have not posted any photos for my own good reasons and that will stay that way until I decide otherwise.

I was recently talking to a budding physicist from a well know UK university whilst he was on holidays. He had no problem with what we were achieving with the technology and in fact he was study this at the time.

Some of you posters make me laugh.
Old 20-02-2011, 23:39   #274

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: We're technically refugees from our home in Yemen now living in Lebenon
Boat: 1978 CT48

Seems that both hulls being clean from the beginning would be necessary for test results to have any relevance.
Old 21-02-2011, 00:08   #275

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Moody 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagwain View Post
I have not posted any photos for my own good reasons and that will stay that way until I decide otherwise. .
If you feel your going to sell this world wide with an attitude like that, you are very much mistaken. Cruisers are conservative by nature and we will want to see real results before spending hard earned cash. Why can't you post photos of the installation as a start point and another of the hull as a control measure so we can decide if the results are worth our attention.

Quote:
Some of you posters make me laugh.
Some of your posts make me laugh.

Pete
Old 21-02-2011, 01:23   #276

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete7 View Post
If you feel your going to sell this world wide with an attitude like that, you are very much mistaken. Cruisers are conservative by nature and we will want to see real results before spending hard earned cash. Why can't you post photos of the installation as a start point and another of the hull as a control measure so we can decide if the results are worth our attention.

Some of your posts make me laugh.

Pete
There are plenty of boat owners who would to buy this product, you only have to look at the boats with 3 vhfs, 3 gps', 3 radars and and any other piece of junk they can fit in their floating caravans.
Being as your on the Solent, I'm sure you will only have stick your head out of the cockpit to see plenty of them.

Weather the product works as promised or not is irrelevant, it never seems to bother Nike, Mcdonalds etc etc.
Old 21-02-2011, 05:04   #277
CLOD

Boat: none

You should have bowed out long ago once you yourself went negative ,which of course resulted in more negative responses.

As I have posted I hope it works and look forward to real proof. But I find it troublesome that you kind of hold back on the info. Kind of suggests that you need to be sure it is positive to you first.

I the meantime you may have gone down an anchor thread path and just turned off a lot of people to a good product.

Good luck!
Old 21-02-2011, 14:18   #278

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Lucas View Post
You should have bowed out long ago once you yourself went negative ,which of course resulted in more negative responses.

As I have posted I hope it works and look forward to real proof. But I find it troublesome that you kind of hold back on the info. Kind of suggests that you need to be sure it is positive to you first.

I the meantime you may have gone down an anchor thread path and just turned off a lot of people to a good product.

Good luck!

19 pages.
217 posts.

Yep. Like an anchor thread, just not as fun to read.

Pics after 3 months or it never happened.

Old 21-02-2011, 15:14   #279

Boat: Gulfstar 53 - Osiris

Quote:
It is not "Nuclear Magnetic Resonance" and it does not resonate the hull. The resonance is created by the transducers and the sound is carried via the electromagnetic filed. Not unlike a fish finder. . . .
When you are trying to sell something that is basically "snake oil" the standard technique is known as "baffle them with B.S." and the above certainly is 100% in that category. Even as Skipmac pointed out - there is absolutely no way in this physical universe that such a thing could occur. Maybe in an alternate universe. But anyway, if you believe in this stuff I can forward some wonderful Nigerian unclaimed 2.5 million dollar unclaimed credit card emails to you . . .
- - As with the development of the "wonder battery" - many have claimed to have the "answer" but few if any can actually make a working one and demonstrate it. Slowly but surely, reliable work is being done on the battery problem that will make diesel engine propulsion history, but not yet, not now. Also remember photos on the internet mean as much as those glamour photos in fashion magazines that are not less than 90% photo-shopped.
Old 21-02-2011, 19:41   #280

Boat: Tartan 34C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zednotzee View Post
More links nobody will click:
I clicked 'em all, and what jumped out at me was:

"Two months ain't that long, and Lunacy does have a new suit of anti-fouling paint on…"

<yawn>

"Ultra-sonic Antifouling is expanding it's global network of approved installers to meet soaring demand.

Ultrasonic Antifouling has grown its network of Approved Installation Centres in France, Norway, Japan and Australia and also added new centres in Spain, Croatia, Slovenia, the Czech Republic, Holland and Slovakia."

They also mention Trinidad and Tobago, so we have over 11 countries where this is being installed and used, and NO ONE HAS YET TO COME UP WITH A CONTROLLED TEST? Without first applying anti-foul paint (remember - the stuff we are trying to replace?)

C'mon - I want to believe this is true, but the last Snake Oil saleman I listened to also had satisfied customers the Yukon, Chile, and Mozambique. If I were trying to win the war on hull growth, I'd have installers in Florida before sundown.

John
Old 21-02-2011, 20:31   #281

Boat: 1976 Alberg 37 Yawl hull 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral Cement View Post
They also mention Trinidad and Tobago, so we have over 11 countries where this is being installed and used, and NO ONE HAS YET TO COME UP WITH A CONTROLLED TEST? Without first applying anti-foul paint (remember - the stuff we are trying to replace?)

C'mon - I want to believe this is true, but the last Snake Oil saleman I listened to also had satisfied customers the Yukon, Chile, and Mozambique. If I were trying to win the war on hull growth, I'd have installers in Florida before sundown.

John
I think it's possible for it to work- to me, the question is more one of can it work effectively on a boat without draining the batteries every 4 hours? Or, will you have to cover the hull with 32 transducers?

Jeremy Rogers has installed it on their "green" Contessa project- unfortunately, they've also combined it with a super-slick bottom paint. So, no useful data there either.

Building Calypso see the 5 September entry.

...and, "ultrasonic" I'll believe- I've seen ultrasonic cleaners remove stuff nothing else could. "Magnetic sub-atomic"- not so much.
Old 21-02-2011, 21:02   #282
Hull Diver

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Under a boat, in a marina, in the San Francisco Bay

As previously noted, until multiple boats in multiple regions have been fitted with this system and the results recorded over a reasonable length of time (none of which has occurred), all of this is just so much hot air and wasted time.
Old 21-02-2011, 22:09   #283

Boat: Tico

Further to my thread #261, the ultrasonic system I have fitted has now been on my boat for 4 months & the growth is just as bad as it ever was prior to installation, so much so that today I have made arrangements for the boat to be lifted out & traditional methods of anti fouling be carried out Friday. Can't see any point in continuing to use the electronic device again unless I use 2 of them (or more) , my boat is 30 ft long mono hull.

Rob
Old 21-02-2011, 22:16   #284

Boat: 11meter Power catamaran

Another one bites the dust.

Sorry to hear grey nomad. Will the seller take it back and give you a refund??
Old 22-02-2011, 11:42   #285
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cooper 416 Honeysuckle

This thread seems to have run its course. It is now closed.

Closed Thread

Tags
anti-fouling