Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-08-2012, 11:59   #16

Boat: Endeavour 43
Re: topside restoration - poli-glow vs wax

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Cotton View Post
I'm interested in this, also.........

I've heard some really good things about POLYGLOW, including from PRACTICAL SAILOR........ somebody said it turns yellow............. is that true?
You need to ask skipgundlach in this forum what his experiences were before you use that product.
brankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:07   #17

Boat: CT 38

I have used polyglow on my boat and the results were stunning. My hull was already a very light cream color, but I did not notice any additional discoloration at all. Even if it were the case, if your considering polyglow in the first place your hull is probably in a condition that a nice polished slightly yellowed color would still be preferable to a dusty, chalky white! The other option... painting the topsides. A $100.00 solution or $5000.00 solution.
kevball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 15:09   #18

I paid a yard about a thousand dollars to do my hull only to look about the same in a year or so it was polyglow from then on. Now on the nonskid I did try it but removed it because of yellowing and slippery, my friends boat looks good with it on his nonskid because type it is . Maintenance is far easier than re-wax or re-buff
sartorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:26   #19

Our first boat we had was a 30 Catalina. After buying a bottle of poly glo down at the strickly sail years ago I started doing some reading on it. After seeing what it was and many at our marina were curious about it as well. Being a little skeptic of it I had agreed to try one side of our hull with poly glo and the other with Future floor wax. I did both sides the same and in prep and application and I have to say I was very pleased with the Future floor wax as well as the Poly Glo. Both can be removed with amonina and water mix. The only difference was I had more money in my pocket when using the Future floor wax.
mutualfun is offline   Reply With Quote