Wow, another week gone by already? Lady J is coming along, a bit slower than I like so we'll have to turn up the heat a bit. All of the paint
except for one little patch is gone.
The transom is about half done.
Unfortunately, it's plywood
The rest of the hull
is cleaned up.
Good thing. Now we have to detail clean it as the owners want her bright now, instead of painted. I still haven't decided exactly which way I'm gonna do that.
There turned out to be about 30 broken ribs. The sisters were useless as they weren't glue up, only nailed together and were not fastened to anything other than the planks. They served no useful purpose so I'm yanking them all out. I ran across two very bad ribs that had to be replaced from above the turn of the bilge
to the keelson socket.
They took some large pieces of Locust.
It took some whittling but I got a good fit from top to bottom on them.
Then I set them simultaneously in epoxy
and screwed the planks into them to set them hard and fast.
Of course, I have to keep a supply of toys in the boat for this fitment work.
Charles has been working the seams so we're almost ready for caulking.
At the moment, I'm in our outdoor office composing this post.
That's it for another week. I'll have more next week.