Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-09-2010, 20:35   #1

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Knutson K-35 Yawl "Oh Joy" - Mariner 31 Ketch "Kahagon" - K-40 "Seasmoke" - 30' Sloop "Baccus"
The Restoration of 'Lady J' - Week Nine - She's Taking on a New Look

A very busy week at the yard. Lady J's hull is pretty much ready for wet in, even if it rains. The stain is done and there's a coat of CPES over it to keep rain from leaching out and streaking it. After she's wet in, we'll apply 12 coats of varnish over it, above the waterline.

Here are a couple of shots:

Bow

Port quarter

Starboard

The boys have been busy with the house. It will be done natural with varnish.

Cockpit

House aft

Forward

We've also been working inside and in the bilge, detailing it out.

Forward

Center

Aft under the cockpit (there's a bit of cleanup and detail there yet to do since Twan got a bit carried away with the paint....

We'll swap out the thru hulls and install new packing before she goes in the water next Friday for an over the weekend soak. We also have to strip the floors and apply the teak and holly ply so there's much yet to do.
CharlieCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2010, 21:00   #2

Boat: Makela,Ingrid38,Idora
Charlie,
It seems you mean to make her look like Night Runner? She's a bit of a dainty thing compared to that boat. I'm sure you know who I mean. Still what you are doing is very very cool. Winter is coming, how soon do you think you will finish? Can you talk about your plans for systems ect?

Todd
IdoraKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2010, 21:12   #3

Boat: Roberts Offshore 38
Damn that's going to be one beautiful boat when shes all done. Nice work Charlie, my compliments to you and your crew.

Sabre
SabreKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2010, 21:18   #4

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Knutson K-35 Yawl "Oh Joy" - Mariner 31 Ketch "Kahagon" - K-40 "Seasmoke" - 30' Sloop "Baccus"
Todd, I don't know that boat. The owner wanted her bright after he saw how nice the wood was. He also wanted the hull stained a bit and I came up with that mix just for this boat, since I didn't like the factory colors. She'll eventually have radar and all of the conveniences. We'll do basic wiring this weekend and all of the upgrade goodies when we do round two on her later this year or early next. We plan to deliver her, sans rigging, by Halloween. Port Townsend Rigging will step the mast and rig her up over in PT.

Sabre, she is gonna be a looker and thanks. The boys do real good work.
Old 23-09-2010, 21:36   #5

Boat: Makela,Ingrid38,Idora
Charlie,
Night Runner is a Robert Perry custom 40' cutter. All bright work above the water and sheer science and effiiciency(majic) below water. She has made many passages across the Pac. I lived aboard next to her when I was surviviing a divorce and we were both in Shilshole. Aboslutely no foul in looking like her.

Todd
IdoraKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2010, 06:23   #6

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Ah yes, that does ring a bell. I've heard of her but not seen her. Kinda funny seeing as Bob referred these folks to me in the first place....

Tags
restoration