Time for an update. Some of the issues faced this week are iron sick floors, sprung planks and a bad plank, along with the seam reefing and detailing of the planks for varnish
. I picked up a nice piece of Sapele for the bad plank and took care of it today.
I cut the piece and fitted it in with shims at first.
I bored the new screw holes prior to glue up and thenmixed epoxy
and mahogany sawdust. I set the scarph joint with screws and let it cook a bit before I had big Zach press the new plank flush while I drove screws.
It flushed out nicely.
The boys worked the seams again today.
I should do these last three salon
and so it goes....