Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-10-2012, 14:32   #1

Boat: 1950's Lakes Cruiser
Thank You all ever so much

I like to thank each and every one of you who have contibuted to my threads - This is a real success story - with your help I have fixed my over heating problem, learnt how to keep a wooden boat on a slip for more than 48 hours, the dangers of seacocks and how to install one correctly - how the exhaust system on a boat works, wooden hull repair, sucking out old oil and much much more.

You may wonder why don't I just go to the boat yard mechanic and get all this done, the problem is where my boat lives there is no boat yard, no boat shop just 2 mechanics that work mainly on out-boards and fibre glass boats. The nearest professional advice is 3.5 hours drive away and would have cost > $ 1000.00. Most of the parts I have purchased had to come from Europe or the US. The previous owner of the boat took off overseas for a 6 month holiday and by luck I found you guys on this forum to help me.

The boat lives in one of the most remote but absolutley beautiful part of South Eastern Australia ( Mallacoota Victoria).

Thanks again everyone and if you happen to be visiting Melbourne, drop me a line and I'd be more that happy to assist in what ever way I can - See you all for my next project - Karl R
MV-Romnya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 15:00   #2

Re: Thank You all ever so much

Sure would like to see a pic of that gal!

Cheechako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 15:09   #3
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

so where are the beautiful pix i KNOW you took, proud poppa????? we do wanna see!!!
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 15:15   #4

Boat: 1950's Lakes Cruiser

Of course Cheechako, my public profile is a picture of the old "gal" - the picture was taken on a very still morning mid winter this year - its usually blowing a gail around that part of Australia during winter - MVR
MV-Romnya is offline   Reply With Quote