Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 17-10-2016, 09:14   #1

Stray brushmarks removal from Bootstripe

I'm almost finished with a three yr restoration on a Herreshoff Eagle sailboat (Which will be for sale BTW) and I'm about to put the last coat of paint on the hull using roll and tip method. I didn't completely tape over the white boot stripe and now I will be dealing with a couple of spots where the new black one part polyurethane paint is on it. Any suggestions on what I can use to remove it. What about the "liquid of choice" and using it to wet sand the areas with 600 grit paper to see if that will do it.

Tags
removal

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
O'Day 30 table removal and settee removal biker6977 Construction, Maintenance & Refit 2 25-09-2014 09:40
Waterline/bootstripe Ironhorse74 Construction, Maintenance & Refit 2 10-06-2012 19:21
How to Measure Stray Current in the Water erict Electrical: Batteries, Generators & Solar 11 03-12-2010 12:07
Stray Current Corrosion . . . Boracay Electrical: Batteries, Generators & Solar 29 29-09-2010 07:13
Stripping the Bootstripe off-the-grid Construction, Maintenance & Refit 3 23-06-2010 21:56

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.