Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-09-2011, 21:36   #1

Boat: PT-11
Storing Lines

Like all of you, we have a number of spare lines in various lengths and sizes. Currently, these are coiled and stored in various lockers. I am looking for ideas to better store spare lines in a more organized fashion. On Neko (as Switch 51 cat), we have deep and narrow bow lockers with a shelf on either side about halfway down. I drilled a piece of Alu angle stock with 12 holes and passed 6" bolts through them with a nut above and an eye nut below the Alu bar. Then with a small loop of rope attached to the eye bolt, I can pass it through a coiled line and loop it over the bolt sticking up. Doesn't look great, but it works. What do you do?
SVNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2011, 21:58   #2

Re: Storing Lines

Hanging. So they dry. And they don't tangle. They can hang from their own tail tied to a bar, or by a loop of bungee, or whatever. Hang one-by-one, not in a bunch, or mayhem will ensue later. The mostly useless ones can be in a bag in a dry locker.
daddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2011, 21:59   #3

Boat: It’s in French Polynesia now
Re: Storing Lines

They do need to be hung and not bunched up. So that they'll dry or stay dry and not collect dirt, amongst other things.

I have a board with several bungee loops attached to hooks. I loop the bungee thru the line and lock it on the hook. Sometimes I loop thru a line, over the hook and then thru another line and back on the hook. >>> Fisheries - Product Detail