Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-12-2011, 18:30   #16

Boat: S2 11.0A 36'
Or try one of these two sellers on eBay. If you could take a larger sink there is one I suspect too big for $99.

The two sellers:

Great Lakes Skipper

Please visit Great Lakes Skipper for THOUSANDS of new, hard to find boat parts and other marine surplus!
If you have any questions regarding item condition, color, dimensions, shipping costs, payment methods, combined shipping, etc., feel free to call us directly at:

262-898-1855

The other is out of St Augustine, FL called Sailors Exchange
NOTE THE EMAIL PHONE IS 904-827-9135

No experience with either but both claim a large inventory. Sailors Exchange has listed the too large one currently. (42x17)

Good luck! SC
sailcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2011, 20:24   #17

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Ellis Flybridge 28
Re: Sink supplier?

Starfish, If you want a Scandvik sink, I'd love to quote you on one. We have a store in West Palm Beach that you could pick it up from or they will deliver no additional charge in Palm Beach. Just send me an email through our website with the part number.
Old 19-12-2011, 20:34   #18

Boat: Gulfstar 44 Sloop

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopCar View Post
Starfish, If you want a Scandvik sink, I'd love to quote you on one. We have a store in West Palm Beach that you could pick it up from or they will deliver no additional charge in Palm Beach. Just send me an email through our website with the part number.
I actually have a shore place in Northwood, just a few blocks north of you and have been in Hopkins many times. Thanks for the offer. I might take you up on it. I'm still holding out that I can find the identical unit. I'm going to run down to Sailorman in Ft. Laud and see whether I can get lucky (Sea Chest is no longer in business, so no luck there.). If no luck I'll contact you via email after Christmas.

Thanks!!!
Old 26-12-2013, 22:06   #19

Boat: PS37

Well, I know its been a while since you posted this and you might have found the sink or a solution but I had to research it for myself (have same sink) and I've found this one:
BargainBoatParts.com - Flat Rim Double Sink

If it's not the same one it is as close as one can get it today I think.

Best,

Vlad
PS37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2013, 08:17   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS37 View Post
Well, I know its been a while since you posted this and you might have found the sink or a solution but I had to research it for myself (have same sink) and I've found this one: BargainBoatParts.com - Flat Rim Double Sink If it's not the same one it is as close as one can get it today I think. Best, Vlad
Thanks! Polar Industries actually makes the original OEM piece, still. I found them and bought a drop in replacement.
Old 28-12-2013, 10:53   #21

Boat: PS37

Great, happy for you and so let me ask you a couple of questions here. That polar ind. sink is gauge 20. How does it compare to the old sink original gauge? Also does it come with the same mounting hardware as your old one so it makes it easy to retrofit? How do you like its overall quality? I am about to buy one and just wanted to have an outside first hand opinion.

Thank you,

Vlad
PS37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2013, 13:05   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS37 View Post
Great, happy for you and so let me ask you a couple of questions here. That polar ind. sink is gauge 20. How does it compare to the old sink original gauge? Also does it come with the same mounting hardware as your old one so it makes it easy to retrofit? How do you like its overall quality? I am about to buy one and just wanted to have an outside first hand opinion. Thank you, Vlad
It's identical to the OEM. Comes with the mounting clips (welded studs, actually).
Old 09-12-2014, 20:32   #23

Boat: Norseman 400

Looking for the same dimension 25 x 17 OD - but in a single bowl. Agreed, the double bowls are just too narrow to wash the big stuff in.

Here is our exact current replacement from Vollrath - a great commercial quality sink. Unfortunately, it doesn't come in a single bowl this size. But it does have the 2" waste drains. (As opposed to 3 1/2" drains.)

Self-Rimming Double bowl sink - 102-1-2

If anyone has found a quality 25 x 17 x 10 OD single-bowl stainless sink with 2" drains, please let me know! We have been scouring the web for days now....

Thanks!
Sailor647 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:41   #24
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

Try www.ajmadison.com they are a home kitchen supplier, not a marine supplier, but they carry the high-end lines that local hardware stores and chains do not sell, including big deep stainless sinks. Bought one from them and was impressed by the selection, the speed they shipped with, and how quickly customer service answered any questions. Their price was very good as well.

Searching there on "17 x 25 x 10 stainless sink" brings up several. Their search engine is also exceptional.
hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 13:07   #25

Boat: Norseman 400

Thanks for the link, Hellosailor. Our sink opening has no wiggle room. The sink that might fit is $1,612. Yikes. We may just have to deal with small sinks. Thanks again.
Sailor647 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 13:31   #26
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

Ouch! At that price I'd have one laid up from frp with the final layer made of fresh crisp dollar bills. A permanent statement about "throwing money into a hole in the ocean".

Good luck with the hunt.
hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote