Attached a couple of photos of the progress to date of the new wind vane
and trim tab. I had a few posts recently seeking advise on a number of issues relating to self steering gear
, the goal being that windvane
construction No.7 was going to be the absolute ultimate system ever designed. Now that its well advanced, I see that I have built a system that is.....just like everybody's else's. Oh well, never mind. But I have made good advances in the costings - being mainly built of engineering scrap and what I had lying about, I am pleased with the outlay of $14. I will have to spend another $32 on stainless cables
and teflon sleeves, something my wife is not best pleased about.
More photos as it happens.