Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Construction, Maintenance & Refit
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-07-2016, 01:58   #1

Arrow SeaStar PA1200 Power Assist Pump Rebuild - How To... in the making. (& Questions To!)

Well... I'm going to try my hand at doing a tutorial on how to do something that I've been totally unable to find anywhere on the internet! If you have oil coming out your weep hole on the side of the pump. You likely need to rebuild it. Or at least, that what I'm told... so that's what I'm doing. This could quickly turn into tutorial about taking out your PA1200 and reinstalling it... twice. LOL

Rebuilding a SeaStar Power Assist PA1200.

First, the parts you need:

Next up, you'll want to mark all your hoses so that you know where they go when you put things back together!

Next get the sucker out. So far, getting the pump out is a real pain in the butt. You'll want to remove the 6 screws on the back of the pump. These 6 screws hold a silver plate that covers the wire terminals. Once these are off you can get the purple and the power wires out of the unit making things easier. The issue is that you have remove the pump for the wall that it is mounted on in order to get to the 6 screws. You'll want to be sure and take your flexibility vitamins the night before. Geesh.

Now that you have the unit out... here's a few pictures of what all the sides look like. You may or may not have as many "T" and fittings on yours. I've got 2 station, autopilot, and 2 motors... You'll want to make sure and have at least two rolls or paper towels and keep your work area neat... this gets messy... or at least it did for me!!

I'll update tomorrow when I get it apart. In the meanwhile, if anyone has any info on taking it apart, PLEASE post up. I have no idea what I'm doing and just taking my time. :-)
Old 22-11-2019, 17:31   #2

Re: SeaStar PA1200 Power Assist Pump Rebuild - How To... in the making. (& Questions

Any more info. on rebuilding .l got one doing same thing.where to get parts or gaskets.thanks for any help. drlomax
drlomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2019, 17:36   #3

Re: SeaStar PA1200 Power Assist Pump Rebuild - How To... in the making. (& Questions

Any more help on this would be helpful. Where to get gaskets and or parts.
drlomax is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rebuild