Originally Posted by CharlesFCook
1. Chipping hammer
2. Needle Gun
3. Angle grinder with a wire brush wheel (Do Not Grind it out)
4. Ospho rust treatment (OSPHO: a formula of Phosphoric, Dichromate, and Wetting Agents)
5. Wipe with White spirits
7. Wipe with White spirits
Rinse and repeat ….
8 - Primer - Ameron 2 part zinc epoxy
- Dimetcote 302H(Marine/Offshore Only) http://ppgamercoatus.ppgpmc.com/products/Products.cfm
9 - Paint - Ameron 2 pary epoxy
Product Data/Applications Instructions (For Marine
• Applies easier than any other inorganic zinc, using spray,brush, or roller
• Can be topcoated with most organic coatings as soon as solvent evaporates
• Low VOC
• Zinc dust is already mixed into the liquid portion
• Excellent resistance to topcoat bubbling
• Outstanding mudcrack resistance
• Excellent corrosion
protection from unique formulation
Dimetcote 302H Reinforced Inorganic Zinc Primer is a proven cathodic primer for protecting steel structures, tanks
piping, and other surfaces exposed in the following environments:
On ships, barges and offshore
Dimetcote 302H Primer is ideal for touch-up and maintenance
because of its ease of application,.wide compatibility and fast dry-to-recoat.
Amercoat® 370, 385 Amercoat 233H, 235,
Amerlock® 400, 400FD Amercoat 201, 230
PSX™ 700 Amercoat 5A
Dimetcote 302H surface must be clean and dry before topcoating. Water
soluable contaminants may be washed off with water
. Remove grease and similar contaminants with an emulsion type cleaner or neutral detergent. Rinse with clean water and allow to dry. Solvent wiping is not satisfactory
as contamination may only be spread and not removed. In some cases a mist coat/full coat technique may be required to prevent application bubbling.
Coating performance is proportional to the degree of surface preparation. Surface must be cleaned, dry, undamaged and free of all contaminants, including salt
deposits. Round off all rough welds and sharp edges, remove all weld spatter.
Apply Dimetcote 302H as soon as possible to avoid rusting or other recontamination. Do not leave blasted steel uncoated overnight. Spot blast if needed.
Steel – New without pits or depressions – Dry abrasive blast,
SSPC-SP6 or pickle.