Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 19:38   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Boat: 1976 Sabre 28-2
Send a message via Yahoo to roverhi
I used to have a decent set of bronze tools. They were relatively cheap as they were surplused after Hanoi Jane shut down Nuclear Construction. Unfortunaely, they came with feet and walked away. Couldn't leave them laying around as they were never where I left them for long.
roverhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 19:58   #17

Boat: Vic Franck Delta 50
Some of my key tools are inherently corrosion-resistant - Nautitool crescent wrench and vise-grip equivalent, stainless Megapro multi-bit screwdriver, and gold-plated ball drivers. Of course, pricey things sink just as fast as cheap ones, so I've been known to tether the Nautitool stuff to my wrist when in awkward spots.

As to the rest, I agree about Boe-Shield, and have been trying Corrosion-X here and there. I use vapor-phase corrosion inhibitors in places that are almost always closed, but have trouble imagining them being too helpful in a tool box.

Speaking of tool boxes, I'm looking at the Grizzly oak ones (H7716 to be precise). I haven't had my hands on one yet and wonder if they are robust enough... anybody have one? The current system of rolled pouches nestled into a low drawer is way too fiddly, and that translates into tools left lying around most of the time. I'm converting the salon into a lab, and that size tool box will fit at the end of a row of console enclosures.

Cheers,
Steve
Old 02-09-2010, 20:42   #18

Boat: Pearson 422 "Island Dream"
Send a message via AIM to CaptPatAg
I piss the Admiral off, but I still have been grabbing the Pam and spraying on tools, rigging and anything else that I think could use it. It is canola and makes my hands feel nice too. What's to loose?
CaptPatAg is offline   Reply With Quote