Haha, yes we splashed! Dry bilge!! We are underway about 30 miles from our anchorage, Rabbit Island. Then out into the sound. We are to have a westerly wind
on Sunday!! Spinnaker
The rudder looks great. The engine
is running great, had a little bit of a vibration, so slight it could of been our imagination, but now it is gone. Our cockpit
floorboard comes up so we have Birdseye view of engine, stuffing box and parts
of steering quadrant. All look nice and tight. We had broken the packing in when we splashed on Thursday morning, but there was nothing to do or note. So far so good. Glad it will all get a work out before crossing over to Pensacola
. We probably won't have signal for a week as we want to anchor
out, we both prefer to anchor
then stay at a marina. So will pop back in here at cf when we can.
Hugs to all, thanks for the excellent advice.
NOT staying at Cat Island, that sounds like a haunted place! We were maybe trying for deer island then daulphin island( southeast side) But it all depends on weather, we will decide as we go.