Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 31-07-2006, 17:10   #16

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Never trust online data (profiles) Alan, sometimes the machine gets creative and resets bits on its own. Or perhaps, we're all dogs online and that was counted in dog years.<G>

We have a flawed system, but overall still one of the best. I think I'm more concerned by the fact that exploiting the system, rather than improving it, seems to be the way everyone wants to go.

The BBY stores I've been too often remind me of a zoo. Incredibly loud music, beyond what I'd expect OSHA to allow, mass disarray and often hard to make any decision on any basis except "Woh, that looks cool". But then again, I'm not looking for a 64" plasma screen so maybe I'm just not the target customer. I also don't really like haggling, and I know that in most of those type of stores, I either have to shop the hell out of something and then try to haggle for it, or bring in newspaper ads to prove it (and that's when the "but its a different model" cues in) or...What can I say, I'm not into the sport of competitive shopping. Or the alternative, getting stuck with the random choices of some guy in a vest. (No commission? No weekly awards? These folks are just flipping burgers, so to speak??!)

hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: