It has been a while since we have updated. We are still out of the water
and having fun. We have the engine bed
and surrounding area sanded and painted. We have glassed up a thru-hull and a few miscellaneous bolt holes below the waterline, and did some minor glass work and fairing around the saildrive hole. We also pulled the 4 batteries the boat
cam with, which looked like they came out of 4 different auto part stores in 1989, and pulled the battery box
out and washed and painted it. I have also cleaned the Max Prop and need to order the grease for it. We have drained both bilge fuel
tanks, and spent 3 days cleaning
them out. I was a bit disappointed to find that the capacity is only 58 gallons between the two. Hey, I know this is great, but I was hoping for a bit more. We still have 106 gallons of fuel in the saddle tanks. We are now in the process of cleaning and sanding
a part of the bilge area and hope to throw some primer on tomorrow. I also took a few days and did some waterline and transom acid washing
, wet sanding
, compounding, and waxing. We finally took off the transom mounted outboard
bracket. It came out pretty nicely. I also have a new speed transducer for the B&G system, and an ST40 depth sounder
and 3 of the 5 group 31 deep cycle batteries we need.
This week coming up will most likely consist of:
Finishing this section of the bilge paint.
Installing the Depth
and Speed transducer.
Installing the saildrive.
Installing the West Marine
31 deep cycle batteries.