Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-08-2007, 08:11   #1
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sabre 28-2
Propane stove trouble

I have a propane Force 10 in my galley, but am only getting gas to one burner (the larger of the two). There are no leaks elsewhere (thankfully), but am not sure what the problem would be.

Any ideas on fixing?
Old 06-08-2007, 08:23   #2

Could the line or jet be clogged from grease?

jef
sv shiva
Sandero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 06:16   #3
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sabre 28-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by defjef
Could the line or jet be clogged from grease?

jef
sv shiva
'
that's what i immediately thought of. it's not entirely obvious, however. if i were to clean said jets, what's the best way? should i ream them out with a pin or a small pipe cleaner?
Old 07-08-2007, 09:19   #4

Boat: CS36Merlin, "La Belle Aurore"
sneuman,

The jets can be easily removed with the right size socket. The jet on my oven clogs often and I use a dentist's pick thing to unclog it. Poke the hole a bit, close your eyes and blow on it. Force Ten is quite responsive so you could give them a call. They're in British Columbia so make sure it's Pacific time.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:40   #5

I have an old f-10 with the cast iron burner tops. they continually corrode here in the caribbean and frequently (6 month interval...or so) block off completely. i simply take them topside and bang them with a hammer and put'em back. that works for about three years. then i get to buy new ones. Unfortunately, when force 10 went to the stainless burners, they did not make them compatible with the original type. (also do not ever let oven cleaner get on your ceramic broiler - end of story for mine.
jan bogart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 12:00   #6

Boat: CS36Merlin, "La Belle Aurore"
I have the cast iron burners on my old boat. Every so often I clean them with a small wire brush. You also have to clean the part on the stove where the burners fit. When they corrode the fit is not the best and the flame gets yellow due to too much air. I've had this stove nineteen years now and it still works pretty good but the new ones have a much better oven although the broiler is a joke. The broiler on the new stove fell apart before ever being used. Force Ten gave me another one but I never installed it. We don't use a broiler much and you get more room in the oven without it.