Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-04-2014, 19:57   #16

Re: Painting Verses Vinyl Wrapping

Hi Guys
Thank you all for a great response, as you may have noticed I am new to this forum, but am mightily impressed so far at quick and enthusiastic responses. You have all given me a lot of "food for thought", with some important points to address. Will wrappers give full guarantees regarding adhesion, will close scrutiny come out in favour of paint? Not sure yet but need to see some previous work that has been done a year or so ago, thanks also MarkJ will get in touch with the Clipper boys. I am sure that if I use first rate company with top quality vinyl they will do good job, but will it be as good as paint?? Not sure and need some convincing, especially as beautiful 80' Oyster just came into marina with paint job that was so good you could have had a shave in the reflection. Skipper told me it was Allgrip Classic (i didn't dare ask how much) with a clear coat which he washes almost daily. Interestingly I heard of an owner who had a blue yacht, had it wrapped in white for the Caribbean, and will strip it when he returns to Europe. Unfortunately I don't have money to burn so will make a decision soon and let you know outcome in due course. Again thanks for all your help.
Nick
Nick Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
paint