Have discovered a small patch (6in x 6in) of what appears to be osmosis
just above waterline.
Problem is I'm about to head
off on 1-2 year cruise
, departing in 3 months time.
Looking for input on if I should repair now , before I go, or can I wait till I return in about 2 years. Ideally input with owners who've also had osmosis
, or those who have repaired it.
plan is to lift
her in a few weeks.. grind the area, dry for a month, repair local area only. After cruise
I will haul her out for approximately a year then get above water
area treated all over with some kind of barrier.
Other info: Approx 12 months ago the boat was out of the water
, had 2 layers of barrier epoxy
applied and coppercoat anti foul. There is no sign of blistering below the water line. It is probably cheaper to get a patch repair done now where I am , than anywhere likely on the cruise.