I'd suggest a couple of 4x4 timbers thru the port openings and then up with a couple of chain hoists or comealongs if your building structure will support the weight. Using 2 hoists you can lift
directly up, and then using a second pair off to one side you can take the load and move it sideways by alternately taking up on one pair and releasing on the other pair.
I've installed a lot of heavy shafts n equipment
in factories using this method.
If your building won't take the load, then perhaps some strong lads lifting it up, putting one side over the edge and then lifting the other side until the low side reaches a pair of 4x4s place on an angle against the side of the hull
. I can't tell for sure from the photo
but the house seems to be well made, and not too big. it looks about the same as mine, which is 14 foot long by 6 foot wide. Four people ought to be able to man handle it fairly easily.
Oddly enough I have a similar problem with Espina. I have dry rot
all along the base of the house, front, back and both sides. I need to remove a strip of material about 2.5-3 inches wide from the base of the house and replace it. My house bolts in with horizontal bolts to an L frame around the opening. Front and both sides is fairly easy, I'm just going to put my skilsaw against the side of the house and run a cut all the way around. Remove it in pieces and put in the new material. Once it gets warm again I'll spline the joint, sand flush and refinish. The back wall is a real problem though. The previous owner welded a plate to the bridge deck
on an angle and it butts against the house wall about 2 inches above deck
level. Then just to make it interesting he epoxied and bolted on a massive 2 inch by 6 inch beam across the bridge deck. I can't get at the rotted area unless I cut away all that stuff first.
At least I have the advantage of knowing that someone has done it once before.
The side of the cabin
heads off to the left, and you can see the splice mark. The back wall is to the right, evidence of the rot is visible. That section of counter top against the hull
rotted out long ago and was removed when water
started getting under the hull deck joint. The builder
or who ever did the last repair brought the cabin
side down to the steel
deck instead of leaving a gap for water to run under. Then he complicated things by epoxy
coating the cabin so any water would be trapped.
Its going to be an interesting winter.
44 days n a wake up