Got into the shop to finish up the cockpit
shelf for the Starboard side. When setting and drilling holes for fasteners inboard yesterday, we noticed it splitting. I found a suitable piece of scrap Locust just barely big enough to fashion the piece from. It's a compound curve, both along the curve of the cockpit
and fore and aft.
It also has notches outboard
for the deck
beams and one inboard aft for the mizzen deck
beam. Here is a series of the slots being cut.
After the slots were cut, notches fore and aft were made to fit.
Finally, we got it set in and bolted up. We'll pull it, seal it and bolt it one last time.
After that we set the chainplate partner in place and began work on the portside deck beams. We had to punch new holes through the new clamp for the 6" carraige bolts. We also had to punch new holes inboard for the new bolts that hold the beams fastened to the shelf (house beams) and countersink the heads flush.
Lastly, while waiting for drill batteries to recharge. I cut and fit the first sawn rib
All in all, the last two days were fairly productive, at the boat anyway.