Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-03-2012, 17:47   #1

New Here

I am the proud new owner of a note on a boat. She's a Searunner 40 with a centerboard problem... bad pin. I had a brand new idea givin to me, concrete it up. Ok, I understand that a multihull doesn't HAVE to have a center board but how detrimental is it to the searunner. I'm not going to be out for the world cup here. Just a cruser that wants to hike out everynow and then. Any ideas are welcomed. Thanks
jb Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2012, 18:16   #2

Boat: Now we need to get her to Louisiana !! she's ours
Re: New here

Ahhh your not gunna hike out much on a 40 ft Tri LOL better to repair the center board cus it will help to windward ! Don't know the condition of your boat but you have one of the best cruiseing sailing boats around! those boats have been everywhere and many times around the world ! I would never mess with one of the best, just repair it and enjoy it !! I would love one myself but so far have not found one in good enough condition to buy! Hope you enjoy your new boat and I don't think I would listen to somebody who wanted to CEMENT in a centerboard trunk !!! LOL
Old 13-03-2012, 18:33   #3

Hehe that's a good reply. Comedy is always the best medicine. Believe me, I DO NOT want to be the redneck that makes one of these boats a square rig. Tried to by one a few years ago. Old now and just want a boat to get away from reality in a hurry. Thanks for your input. Duly noted.
Old 13-03-2012, 18:40   #4

Oh, if I ever get her bristol, I'll find enough morons to follow me to one side of the boat
Old 13-03-2012, 18:52   #5

Boat: TPI Lagoon 35ccc Catamaran designed by Morrelli & Melvin
Re: New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb Royal View Post
I am the proud new owner of a...Searunner 40 with a centerboard problem... bad pin...Any ideas are welcomed. Thanks
jb Royal,

I think concreting it up is not a good idea.

There are plenty of Searunner owners on this forum. Search "searunner trimaran" and see the threads/posts. Try reaching out to someone.

You could also try searunner dot org to locate a Searunner 40 owner who might be able to help.

Marshall
Old 13-03-2012, 19:00   #6

yea, I lean away to. These boats run in what I would call,"a really low draft". Could you lift one enough with a barrel sling long enough to do the work. Just a thought. Going huntin