Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Construction, Maintenance & Refit
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-05-2015, 13:13   #1

Boat: C&L Sea Ranger 36, Columbia Payne 9.6
Mr Vane by Mister Vee - Experiences, feedback and reviews?

I'm attempting to muster wisdom and experience regarding the Mr. Vee wind vane systems. Unfortunately, the internet seems rife with speculative interest, but real experience with the units (particularly ones that benefitted from improvements to the original design) is few and far between. I'm considering a Mr. Vane equipped with the off-center mast in order to accommodate a center-mounted outboard on my Albin Vega.

Does anyone have such (new) experience (hearsay even?) to share about the Mister Vee systems? If it's specific to Albin Vegas, or to the off-center mast setup, then all the better.

And yes I have attempted quite a few searches without a whole lot of results regarding the performance (plenty talking about it as a cheap alternative to the spendy units from prospective owners). I have also been in contact with Sven (designer/owner), who is very helpful.

I have included a photo of the off-center mast kit, in the event that interested parties are well...interested.

Tags
enc, reviews