Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-04-2010, 14:14   #1

Marine Upholstery

I am not sure how to use this website so here goes my first attempt.

I am reupholstering a ski boat and ordered the material but when I started taking the old cushion apart today I noticed that the old material had a thin layer of foam which the new material didn't have.

I looked in the order book but didn't see any thin foam available. I am able to pull off the thin foam on the old cushions if I need to. If anyone knows could you please tell me what I should do?

Thanks!
Tapaloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2010, 15:35   #2

Boat: Wharram Pahi 63 Catamaran, Sailwind 27 Mono, Ring 20, Lee Fisher 16, Banks Dory, Dunlop Dive RIB
That is pretty much a recent occurrence. Marine upholstery fabrics used to come in "plain" and "foam backed" of various thickness, now all I can find is just "plain". The companies said they stopped dealing in "foam backed" because it was hard to please everyone and transporting it took up too much space. If I need it foam backed it's just a matter of finding my own foam and a can of spray adhesive.
Hope this helps!
Geminidawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2010, 17:56   #3

Thumbs up Marine Upholstery

Thanks Geminidawn for your reply. I ended up pulling the foam off of the old fabric since it still was in good shape and glued it to the new material. I am told that I can purchase quarter inch foam from the company I bought the fabric from.
Tapaloon is offline   Reply With Quote