Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-09-2010, 05:22   #1

Boat: 1976 Hudson Force 50
Looking for Supplier of Teak Battens

I am looking for a wholesale supplier for teak battens. We are in Miami, but it seems that suppliers are far and few in between and typically service and charge mega-yacht prices. I have a project that requires teak battens that are 1 7/8" x 3/8" x 6'. The teak will be inside the boat on a couple of bulkheads that I repaired. I don't mind having it shipped to me either. Surely, someone on this board has found a good supplier.

- Thanks
s/v Plan B

yacht_planb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 07:40   #2

Boat: Beneteau First 42
There is a good supplier in Sarasota. See TEAKDECKING SYSTEMS . The Company has a small shop in front of their factory, adjacent to Sarasota Muni-Airport, that sells "off-cuts" very inexpensively. I was able to pick up quite a few 1-1/2" x 6" x 6' planks that we milled down to make trim pieces and moldings for our boat. I suspect it would be worth a visit given how (relatively) close you are.

FWIW...
"It is not so much for its beauty that the Sea makes a claim upon men's hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air, that emanation from the waves, that so wonderfully renews a weary spirit."
svHyLyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 10:21   #3

Boat: Tartan, 41 TOCK- Bear
You could talk to Brian at Diamond Teak in Pensylvania. Good prices, good folks. 215 257 2556
Ed
EddieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 05:32   #4

Boat: Gulfstar 53 - Osiris
I you drive up to Fort Lauderdale there is a large marine industrial area just south off Hwy 84 behind the very famous local diner - Lester's (really good food - some Greek - and yummy desserts). In this marine industrial area are two or three wood suppliers who have teak in various forms and either have or can make them for you. You have to drive around and look into the various shops/warehouses to find the places. Beside wood there are numerous other shops/suppliers for just about everything a boat needs.
- - Then there is Sailorman just down the road across the railroad tracks on SR84. Here is a link to Lester's Diner and a map of the area I am talking about: Lester's Diner, Fort Lauderdale, FL : Reviews and maps - Yahoo! Local
osirissail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 05:56   #5
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Cheoy Lee, 44 Cutter. Dolce Far Niente
teak supplier

Try this guy in Marathon. Good prices.
Teak Molding, Battens, Handrails, Rod Holder And Other Teak Accessories -- Plus Milled Teak Boards -- SALE! 10% TO 25$ OFF UNTIL JUNE 1.
rourkeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 05:56   #6

Boat: Rhodes Reliant 41ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by osirissail View Post
I you drive up to Fort Lauderdale there is a large marine industrial area just south off Hwy 84 behind the very famous local diner - Lester's (really good food - some Greek - and yummy desserts). In this marine industrial area are two or three wood suppliers who have teak in various forms and either have or can make them for you. You have to drive around and look into the various shops/warehouses to find the places. Beside wood there are numerous other shops/suppliers for just about everything a boat needs.
- - Then there is Sailorman just down the road across the railroad tracks on SR84. Here is a link to Lester's Diner and a map of the area I am talking about: Lester's Diner, Fort Lauderdale, FL : Reviews and maps - Yahoo! Local
X 2,

There,s not much you can't find in that area. A veritable goldmine.
Stop for the mousaka at Lester's, eh osi.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:14   #7
Sponsoring Vendor

Boat: Wharram Tiki 30 Abaco
Seafarer Marine is in Fort Lauderdale right near Lesters. Maritime Wood Products is in Stuart. East teak is cheaper but in South Carolina.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
boatsmith is offline   Reply With Quote