I'm getting conflicting information on the pros and cons of various types of paint
. What I think I have learned is:
1) both 1 and 2 part polys are very thin, so it takes several layers to get any decent color coverage, and they run easily whether sprayed or rolled.
2) all oil
based paints have breathing and environmental issues incumbent.
3) several coats of white primer can help with color depth
4) any good quality primer will do above the waterline.
5) latex house paints are not as durable but much lower cost and easier to use.
6) covering most of the deck
with anti-skid can make up for the supposed lack of durability in latex paints.
I'm very good with a sprayer and latex semi-gloss. How severe are the limitations of top grade house paint
? This will go on a Catalina
27 that was primed with (I think) grey auto primer 3 years ago, then abandoned.
There are no wrong answers - tell me what you KNOW.