After not having access to the crane yesterday, we got it this morning and pulled the hull off. The homemade mold
release of packing tape worked pretty well but didn't wanna come off the hull without some diligent scraping. Once we got separation, they hung the boat off to the side while I did some last minute fairing.
After fairing the epoxy edges even with the keel top, I took to cleaning
the bolt threads.
After which, we all jumped in with caulking guns
to apply the 4200. Big circular mounds were laid up at the base of the bolts and more was applied by hand up the bolts to where it had been before.
Once this was done, we set her back on the keel, holding some weight while the boys tightened bolts. After they were manually tight, we let off weight and repeated with 100 Lbs of torque. Then we came off all of the weight and the final torque settings were applied. While the torqueing was going on, I was busy getting 4200 all over me while I shaved the excess off with a spreader.
So, the keel is done and now it's on to bottom paint
and a compound/wax job. I don't have the parts
for the water
heater R&R yet so hopefully, that's next week. We have a hard date of the 23rd.
BTW, I still haven't gotten my videos but will this weekend.