Views:	100
Size:	219.5 KB
ID:	6839  

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2009, 10:51   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: research vessel
That's excellent. Whats the boat need other than a good buffing of the gel coat?

Like all historic things, leave it as close to original as possible. No new paint, no new engine...same trailer, etc. Keep it as historically accurate as possible.

Life begins where land ends.
David M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2009, 14:29   #18

Boat: 1972 Glastron GT 150
Send a message via MSN to adwjr Send a message via Yahoo to adwjr
Quote:
Originally Posted by David M View Post
That's excellent. Whats the boat need other than a good buffing of the gel coat?

Like all historic things, leave it as close to original as possible. No new paint, no new engine...same trailer, etc. Keep it as historically accurate as possible.

Have you seen my blog and the pictures within? LOL This keep in mind is not "THE" movie boat but a replica. It will still be used for family fun but I intend to make it vary close original as possible.

Gel coat is bad and spider cracks I need extensive repair no buffing can solve : )

http://shakennotstirredgt150.blogspot.com

Alan Williamson
Halifax, MA
adwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2009, 20:48   #19

Fiber Classics Boats - Buy a "NEW" GT150 today!
Well I got to admit I love restoring an old boat and bringing it back to new but there are some downsides. Lots of $$$$ spent, lots of work, lots of time and lots of luck in finding the perfect boat. Also a full restoration is not for everyone.

But... I've just been introduced to Fiber Classics Boats they are a manufacturer of boats and watercraft right here in Massachusetts remaking some of the best of the older runabouts at very very reasonable prices. Currently they are making the GT150 with custom options and colors and have plans to make the classic G3 in a jet drive version, very very cool!

If anyone wants one of these boats in perfect condition without having to spend the time, effort, and money to restore one you have got to check these guys out!

Mario is the owner and their facilities are below: Tell him Alan from "Shaken Not Stirred" sent you for a sweet deal they have GT's ready to go now for the spring.

Middlesex PowerSports Center & Marina
3 Middlesex Road - Tyngsboro, Massachusetts 01879
(978) 251-3774 - e-mail: contactus@middlesexpowersports.com
website: Middlesex PowerSports Center & Marina - Sale Service Parts - Boats Trailers PWC ATV and more

Starting price is only $2,500 for a new boat! A bit more with custom options and engine choices.

GT-150

Alan Williamson
Halifax, MA
Old 21-01-2009, 21:39   #20

Boat: Morgan OI 414
pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by adwjr View Post
Fiber Classics Boats - Buy a "NEW" GT150 today!
Well I got to admit I love restoring an old boat and bringing it back to new but there are some downsides. Lots of $$$$ spent, lots of work, lots of time and lots of luck in finding the perfect boat. Also a full restoration is not for everyone.

But... I've just been introduced to Fiber Classics Boats they are a manufacturer of boats and watercraft right here in Massachusetts remaking some of the best of the older runabouts at very very reasonable prices. Currently they are making the GT150 with custom options and colors and have plans to make the classic G3 in a jet drive version, very very cool!

If anyone wants one of these boats in perfect condition without having to spend the time, effort, and money to restore one you have got to check these guys out!

Mario is the owner and their facilities are below: Tell him Alan from "Shaken Not Stirred" sent you for a sweet deal they have GT's ready to go now for the spring.

Middlesex PowerSports Center & Marina
3 Middlesex Road - Tyngsboro, Massachusetts 01879
(978) 251-3774 - e-mail: contactus@middlesexpowersports.com
website: Middlesex PowerSports Center & Marina - Sale Service Parts - Boats Trailers PWC ATV and more

Starting price is only $2,500 for a new boat! A bit more with custom options and engine choices.

GT-150
Try restoring an old 41 foot sailboat. $2500 would not get you far, I know that to be a fact because i have way over 20 times that amount investested in mine. I think I could restore an old run about easily without breaking the bank but that is with me doing all the labor. Boat= BREAK OUT ANOTHER THOUSAND...I know this to be for sure. Boats are a endless money pit, however I am going to keep throwing dollars at it till the day I die. I love my boat. Ya have to love it because it is expensive and very time consuming. Good luck with your project, you will be more proud of it restoring it than if you bought a new one.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:48   #21

Finally found a 1973 Evinrude Starflight 135hp engine! Anyone have a power trim for that year?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	73 Starflight.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	6979  

Alan Williamson
Halifax, MA
Old 22-03-2009, 13:31   #22

FOUND! Trim unit for the engine I think I got lucky check it out on the blog.

Alan Williamson
Halifax, MA
Old 22-03-2009, 15:03   #23
Do… or do not

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sundeer 64
If you like boats used in Bond movies, have a look here: James Bond: 20080308_095925

We were right in the middle of the making of the latest Bond movie. Colon Panama is the Haiti part of the movie and I'm told Jedi is actually in it.

Cheers,
Nick.

Tags
restoration

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: