Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-11-2014, 04:52   #1

Boat: Bristol 27
Interlux Micron CSC Ablative

The directions say I can paint the boat now, but if I do not put it back in until Springtime, I must reactivate the paint by either scrubbing with a strong brush or power washing.

Is this really necessary?

I don't really want to brush or power wash any of this expensive paint off the bottom before I even get the boat back in the water.
thomm225 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 21:14   #2

Boat: Sabre 402
Re: Interlux Micron CSC Ablative

We've used Micron CSC for years, but have generally applied it in the spring. If they're telling you that you need to reactiviate it, they're probably right. Leaving it exposed in the air may create an oxidation layer on the outside, which would need to be removed so that the antifouling will leach out. That said, we've also had years where we simply touched up spots on the bottom and launched with the previous year's paint still on. If growth occurred because boat motion didn't reactivate the paint, a quick wash a week or two later did the trick for us.
psk125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 03:18   #3

Boat: Bristol 27
Re: Interlux Micron CSC Ablative

Thanks.

Maybe I'll just wait until Spring then. I was wanting to paint it before the temps dropped since the price of storage doubles in March.

Maybe I can catch a warm spell in February or just wait until the first warm day in March.
thomm225 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
Interlux