Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Construction, Maintenance & Refit
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-04-2014, 05:30   #1

Boat: Catalina 30
How to access area below deck stepped Catalina 30 mast

I want to run new wires up my mast. This last fall I hired a crane to unstep it, so there's no weight on the deck. I don't want to start unscrewing everything if I can help it. That is to say I would like to do this with some sort of plan.

The support under the mast seems to be a teak sheathing around the real support with plugs over the screws. It's also part of the frame for the doorway to the head. Is there a best way to get remove or open this up? I want to inspect and re-seal the area where the VHF and power wires enter.

No photos right now.
carlspackler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 05:44   #2

Boat: 1985 Catalina 30 Std Rig
Re: How to access area below deck stepped Catalina 30 mast

There's a thread going on over on the catalina 30 yahoo group. I would recommend reading/asking over there as you'll have way more catalina 30 eyes on it.
Downtime is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
catalina, catalina 30, deck, mast