20-30% of outings 1 2.70%
30-50% of outings 2 5.41%
50% + - stuff is breaking all the time 3 8.11%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16-08-2010, 15:29   #31
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sceptre 41 Ohana
I think I had my boat for a full year before I sailed it without breaking anything. Now that I think harder it was two years. If I ever get to the end of my to do list I don't know what I'll do. I have the Class I items that need to be fixed before I sail (none of those right now) The Class II items that it would be better if I fixed them now (about 8 items) now, And finally the long list of Class III items which I really would like to fix.

Fair Winds,

Between us there was, as I have already said somewhere, the bond of the sea. Besides holding our hearts together through long periods of separation, it had the effect of making us tolerant of each other's yarns -- and even convictions. Heart of Darkness
Joseph Conrad
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2010, 17:05   #32
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Send a message via Yahoo to zeehag Send a message via Skype™ to zeehag
the onliest 2 things keeping me from sailing at this point are my chainplates--i have 2 cracked ones and one reeeeeeeeaaaallllllly rusty one. they need replacement. duh. and my shaft log and cutlass bearing. now i am going to sail it to puerto escondido without a new shaft log and cutlass bearing---as long as the shaft doesnt turn i am fine. when it turns, lotsa water comes in. i figure 1200 miles under sail is ok. i got this boat broken--i repowered her...started the big stuff and am nearly ready to cruise her--i have many more projects, but nothing that will keep me out of the seaways.

zeehag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2010, 17:48   #33

20 days sailing on the chesapeake bay. Refrigeration cooling fan died so refrigeration quit. Radio shack had a replacement that worked well enough. A small cheek block that handles the spinnaker pole lift failed. I found 5 more of the same design on board. very cheap plastic non replacable shieve. Added replacing these with a better piece of gear to my wish list. I took apart the genny furler cleaned and lubed standard maintenance. Did some painting and varnish work. Almost ripped off a solar panel which I forgot to collapse while docking for a pump out. Good sailing

sabray is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: