When I was in high school
, the football team had piled up a bonfire from scrap wood for a homecoming game
. Apparently some enthusiastic soul had poured a couple of gallons of gasoline, or diesel
, or no one knows what, on the pile. And then after a few hours in the sunlight, some other rahrah poured some more fuel on the bonfire.
When they threw the torch in to light it, the fireball was six stories tall. The quarterback was hit by a chair that launched off the top of the pile.
I think the six story fireball, from a pile with no real odor
or warning, probably is one reason I have a healthy respect for things like gasoline, that are SUPPOSED to GO BOOM.
Yeah yeah, you put a cigarette out in kerosene, and anyone with an old car will tell you how gasoline has to be mixed just right or it won't combust...Six stories tall, luck of the draw, no thankee.