Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-12-2017, 09:42   #1

Boat: Lagoon 570
Haul out and bottom paint in February?

As a new owner, one year, of a Lagoon Catamaran in Croatia I am now in need of a haul out and bottom paint. I have a capable guy who looks after our boat and he wants to haul the boat at Split the middle of February to do the haul out work including a bottom paint job with Seajet 33 paint. We need to add a through hull for a watermaker, replace the anodes, etc. I keep looking out the window here in the states and keep thinking that it is way too cold in February to do this type of work. My guy assures me the temperature doesn't matter as long as it dry and really wants to do the work. I am sure it is best for him in that there is not much to do at that time of the year. However, I don't want to waste my limited money and if a bout of cold weather blows in it could extend my stay on the hard. Any advice or experience doing this type of work at this time of year? Would I not be much better off waiting until late March or mid April. Croatia's coast may run 2 to 15 C typically during this time period. And of course Merry Christmas to you all!
Timreyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2017, 15:58   #2

Boat: Cape Dory 31
Re: Haul out and bottom paint in February?

What do the manufacturers application instructions say? Really doesn't matter what's convenient if you will not have decent service life from the product.
Orion Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bottom paint, haul out, paint