I have been working on little things for a while, but I finally started making progress on getting the old cockpit
location decked over.
I recycled some of the steel
that I cut out of the cockpit
to make ribs for the cabin
top. The coachroof ribs are 2 1/2" X 3.16" and have a camber that makes bending these out of the question, so I used the plasma cutter
to cut them out.
I started with a cardboard template taken off of the existing coachroof.
I used this to cut the curves on the first rib
up the top edge I clamped it to the steel
for use as a templete to cut the reaminding two ribs that I need.
Here are the Plasma Cutter
and Welder I have. It pays to be able to cart these things around when needed, rather than try to pick them up.
These ribs will be notched for stringers, then tacked into the existing ribs in what is left of the coachroof sides. After the stringers are set and everything is squared up and fair, I will weld it all in. Next comes a hatch
frame, then decking over the remaining holes.