Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-07-2013, 15:08   #1

Boat: Topper Hermanson H44
Thinking about hauling at Green Cove Springs DIY haulout yard on St Johns river, FL., next year. We are a 44 ft steel sailing yacht, can do most things DIY, but expecting to need some help with welding repair work. Will be living on board. Any recommendations, or comments much appreciated.
simio47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2013, 15:12   #2

Location: Salish Sea in summer/Puerto Vallarta in the winter - no boat just sun and beaches!
Boat: Benford 34 Junk Schooner
Re: Green Cove Springs DIY yard, Fl.

Your message is incomplete. But I'm a happpy camper and user of GCS Marina's services and would be happy to chat with you about my experiences there.

Modify that - the rest of your message just came through. I also have a steel boat and have done a fair bit of sanding and painting there (two part paints). Rumour has it that a neighboring yard - 1 pier N - has extensive metal work capacity. You might have to go back and forth or look for someone in the area with welding expertise. There was one guy in the yard doing a lot of aluminum work last year, so I don't think there is any problem in the yard (except that I asked and they are not interested in allowing sandblasting). Skilled people to help in what is primarily a DIY project - the cafe across the highway would be a great place to ask questions about that. Lots of cruisers hanging out there. Send PM if you want to talk more.
PaulSommers is offline   Reply With Quote