Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-09-2013, 20:07   #1

Goiot portlights

Hello,
I am looking at replacing all my existing Lewmar(new Standard) portlights as they are all crazed with broken internal trims etc. The cost of new clears and internal trims are almost as much as a complete new portlight.
I have a Dufour Classic yacht that apparently used Goiot originally (the Lewmar portlights are custom made to fit the vessel to the same dimensions as Goiot)

My question is how good are the Goiot "Evolution" portlights. I would love to replace with the "Cristal" range but they are too expensive. The "Evolution" are less than half price, use an extruded alloy as compared to the cast "Cristal" with a full frame holding the clears. Obviously not as good, but probably better than Lewmar "standard" as the clears are 12mm thick compared to 8mm on the Lewmar and the clears can be replaced at a fraction of the price. The finish however is apparently "powder coated" compared to anodizing and this is my main concern, particularly with longevity.

Hoping for some real world experience and comments.

regards

Andrew
elandra65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Goiot, portlights