Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-05-2014, 10:23   #1

Boat: J/37
foredeck hatch HELP

I am in the process of removing and re-bedding my foredeck hatch and i have hit a bump in the road. I have removed all the fasteners and slide a putty knife all the way around to break the seal. All has gone well until i got to the spot where the hinge attaches to the frame. All but one of the screws is completely corroded to the frame and will strip when any pressure is applied to the screwdriver. It seems as though those screws go through the frame and into the deck because i cant get the putty knife any further around the frame.

Click image for larger version

Name:	<a title=photo 1.jpg Views: 151 Size: 409.2 KB ID: 81056" style="margin: 2px" />

Click image for larger version

Name:	<a title=photo 2.jpg Views: 131 Size: 410.8 KB ID: 81057" style="margin: 2px" />

Is my next step to drill out those screw heads and then popping the frame off and hopefully having enough of the screw showing that i can grab it with a wrench and remove?

Once the frame is out, and i am ready to re-bed, what do i use, silicone? 4200?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
jeff
Thank you dad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
deck, hatch