Completed the refit
yesterday and launched the boat. Since we could not verify the last time it had been done, we had the sail drive rubber boots replaced and while the drives were off also replaced the rear main oil seals
to keep more oil
in the engine
where it belongs.
So as is my normal routine, I checked all through-hulls & compartments as soon as we hit the water
. This time it paid off as we had about a 2 gpm leak around the STBD sail drive penetration through the hull!
So back up in the slings we went to await the mechanic's return.
Turns out that they 'pinched' the boot during reassembly and it was not seated correctly in the sealing ring. Only took a few minutes to resolve, but we were delayed leaving the yard so long that we had to ignore some good sailing breezes and motor
back to the marina to beat the sunset.
Sure glad I paid professionals to do this job..... but then again "stuff happens."