Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-01-2016, 07:06   #1

Fiberglass Boat Interio Refit

Hi all

i'm a novice about it, i would like to know, how the wood forniture are attached to the hull of a fiberglass boat?
I looked at it different time but always never get an idea...is it like a T made of fiberglass, patched to the hull, and the horizontal part is bolted the furniture ?

Thanks all
Stefano
stefano_ita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2016, 07:46   #2

Re: Fiberglass Boat Interio Refit

Different ways but the most common is tabbing. They fit the plywood then run a strip of fiberglass cloth on both sides that overlaps both the hull and the bulkhead which hold it in place once the fiberglass resin cures.
valhalla360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2016, 08:09   #3

Thanks,

pratically is like glue together the wood to the hull with fiberglass strips and then screw shelves and so on on it alright?

http://wavetrain.net/boats-a-gear/27...ull-structures

Is it possible to laminate fiberglass upside down? Epoxy doesn't look very liquid, with fiberglass maybe could stand? (on the internal roof to get it understand)
Old 20-01-2016, 07:12   #4

Boat: Watkins 27
Send a message via Yahoo to deltaten

Stefano;

Yes, it *IS* possible to work overhead. There are methods and materials that make it easier than some would lead you to believe.. I've done it. Not entirely clean or easy; but doable. I can't post pics from here; but if you want info/pics, I would be to send regular e-mail if you PM to me address.

regards,
Paul
deltaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2016, 08:19   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltaten View Post
Stefano;

Yes, it *IS* possible to work overhead. There are methods and materials that make it easier than some would lead you to believe.. I've done it. Not entirely clean or easy; but doable. I can't post pics from here; but if you want info/pics, I would be to send regular e-mail if you PM to me address.

regards,
Paul

Thanks

I PM you right now

Tags
fiberglass, refit