Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-09-2016, 11:10   #151

Boat: President 43 Sportfish
Re: Ever used 3 way connectors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbinbi View Post
I need to split of some wire I have run for 12V adapt/USB plugs on my boat. It is a cat, it was easy to mount plugs on the side where the battery and breakers are, but I need a run across the hull to the other pontoon. So I was going to post asking about 3 way connectors, the only ones I have seen are the Y ones that the author has posted in post 1.

Google being my friend, I found this post. There are 10 pages with 148 posts, about 10 being about multi connection joins, the rest being solder vs crimp discussions and flames.

I perserved, found the info on the Wagos, couldn't find them on Amazon except for 50 packs, but I have an account at Newark Electronics where they are about $0.50 each and reasonable shipping.

If you want to join up some wires, this thread does have good info, it is too bad it is polluted with OT discussions. Just wondering if the mods can leave the relevant posts and strip out the solder vs. crimp stuff into its own thread. This way others who want the topical info from this thread can get to it and not get discouraged by the length of OT posts. My 2c.
Can't please everyone. Once you take away freedom of speech, and start editing available information, where do you stop?

Y-connectors have proven one of the least reliable connections.
Terra Nova is offline   Reply With Quote