Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-03-2007, 16:14   #1

Boat: Endeavour 40' Setting Sun
Question Endeavour 40 Fuel Tank

The previous owner of my boat had to replace the diesel tank. He choose to replace it with a bladder tank of less capacity. I need the additional fuel for cruising. Does any of the Endeavour owners out there have any idea of the dimensions of the opening where the tank lives and the size of tank that can be installed. I have all the information about how to replace the tank if I had one but it was cut out when the bladder tank was installed.
Thanks
Old 03-03-2007, 17:09   #2
Senior Cruiser

Boat: 1980 Endeavour 43 (Ketch)
SS ... try the Endeavour Owner's Forum ... Endeavour Sailboat Owners Forum
S/V Elusive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 17:36   #3

Endeavour Forum

Already tried it. Not too much activity there.
Old 03-03-2007, 17:42   #4
Senior Cruiser

Boat: 1980 Endeavour 43 (Ketch)
Nope .. but you can post your question and most likely get something from someone ... there are three or four E40s on this site ... might help ... the other thing is that on the E forum, they do have a list of original vendors for things .. including fuel tanks.
S/V Elusive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 06:50   #5

Boat: Med Yachts 62 Trawler
During my search I looked at several E40s and found a gentleman on the Endeavour owner's site that had removed the old aluminum tank and simply converted the entire keel pocket the tank sat in to a fiberglass hull tank. Fabricated a new tank top and baffles from marine ply and lots of glass... was a SLICK installation that increased his fuel load to >80 gallons as I recall.

The site also had another owner who pulled his tank intact and glassed over the exterior to seal the pinholes that developed. Both had several pictures which they gladly shared. Check the threads on tank replacement on their site and send a few emails. I deleted that stuff long ago else I'd forward it on.

Very helpful bunch on that site - although not very active. Must be out sailing...
Old 04-03-2007, 07:32   #6

Endeavour 40 Fuel Tank

Thanks Mark,

I have lloked at these posts on the Endeavour Owners Forum and neither is an option for me. I am concerned about the thickness of the keel in the area of the fuel tank, (It's pretty thin). In addition I don't have the old tank. The PO had it removed and replaced with the bladder.
Old 07-04-2008, 13:24   #7

Boat: Endevour,sloop,40 Destiny
Send a message via AIM to Jim St.Pierre Send a message via Yahoo to Jim St.Pierre
Hello Engcon, I just bought an E40, she has a new fuel tank along with water tanks. How old is the engine, this is the time when the tank is to be replaced, the engine should be rebuilt or replaced as well. I did a lot of research on the Endevour before thinking of buying one. The main concern was.the fuel tank. From what I had read, it is a bear to replace. I read you can replace it by removing the keel to pulling the salon apart. Who ever did the one I have, replaced the motor the same time and the floor of the salon was removed. they did a beautiful job. If you are interested I will try to find out who did it.... Jim.....S/V Destiny
Old 15-04-2008, 05:39   #8

Boat: Endeavour40 - MOBETAH
Engcon,

Sorry for the delay, I just noticed your post and questions about the dimensions of the fuel tank. You can go to this post for the origional (or near origional dimensions of the tank by Florida Tanks) Endeavour Sailboat Owners Discussion Forum

I just replaced the tanks on my E40 and changed the dimensions a little by adding an additional 20" to the front of the fuel tank (tank now holds about 110 gallons) and removed the bottom portion of the aft water tank since it was in the area that the new fuel tank sits. (aft water tank now only holds about 33 gallons). I figure I can use the added fuel capacity and I still have about 128 gallons of water + a watermaker. Sorry I don't have the drawings of my tanks with me however they were built by Ezell Industries in Perry FL Ezell Industries Custom Aluminum Marine Fuel Water Holding Tanks Fabrication I'm sure they would fax you a copy of my drawings if you requested them. They did an excellent job building my tanks and I recomend them highly (cost +/- #1,300.00 for both tanks).

Good Luck,
Bill Aldridge
mobetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2008, 05:50   #9

Boat: Endeavour40 - MOBETAH
Engcon,
Sorry about that .... I tried to get you directly to the drawings but something in the computer world wouldn't let me .... So, Once you get to the endeavour owners forum click on "Discussion Forum", then click on "Systems" then go to "plumbing and tankage", then click on "E40 Fuel Tank Removal / Replacement" , then go down to a post by "Joe Blanchard dated May 15, 2007 and finally click on "attached all the FMT drawings" .... these of the drawings FMT did for his replacement tanks.

Hope all this helps, Good Luck
mobetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2016, 06:37   #10

Boat: Oday 34
Re: Endeavour 40 Fuel Tank

Anyone have an idea of total cost of replacing fuel and water tanks? Looking at an E40, and for the price I am sure she hasn't had it done yet.

Tags
endeavour, fuel, fuel tank