Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 03-11-2014, 09:54   #1

Endeavour 37 Headliner Removal?

I need to mount hardware on my cabin top, which requires bolting thru the headliner and installing backing plates. He headliner appears to be stapled into the plywood core of the cabin top. I appears removing the headliner will pretty much destroy it. Has anyone out there removed an Endeavour 37 headliner and successfully re-installed it? My option is to just mount the backing plates under the headliner. Won't look good, but will serve the purpose.

Paul Mazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:39   #2

Re: Endeavour 37 Headliner Removal?

If you have some pics that can always help.

Waterrat10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 15:11   #3

Boat: Endeavour 37

Mine appeared to be one piece of fabric stapled under the trim battens. This is a link to my head liner fun.

Endeavour 37 headliner
Magic Moments
Thames River Yacht Club
magicmoments is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2014, 10:03   #4

Thanks 'Magicmoments' your photos were very helpful and confirmed my fears. I got some good suggestions from fellow Endeavour 37 owners on the Owners Forum and am going to attempt one of them, which is to:

Cut out pieces of the headliner just large enough to cut out the headliner backing plywood. Then drill thru the cabin top. I'll fill any voids between the cabin top fiberglass and it's ply core if possible with thickened epoxy. Then re-drill and install the hardware with aluminum plates (thinner than fiberglass). I'll cover the hole in the headliner with a slightly larger piece of teak screwed into the cabin top laminate. Possibly staple the headliner around it's cutout first. Also possibly (but probably not) countersink and plug the holes in the teak cover plate. When we get done cruising this boat I may end up replacing the headliner, in which case your photos will come in handy. Thanks again, Paul
Paul Mazza is offline   Reply With Quote

endeavour, head, headliner, removal

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: