Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-02-2013, 09:19   #136

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.
Re: Dump Airhead urine in galley sink?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinwater View Post
just take it as a scolding by your mother; it's illegal, you know can do better, and so you've been scolded. Grow up. The adolescent scoffing and poop jokes tell me more about the posters than the issue--while they may be true, they are a droll waste of space.
Geeez!!!...lighten up...It's Saturday and members enjoy joking around...at least the Monohullers do...
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 09:22   #137
Hull Diver

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Under a boat, in a marina, in the San Francisco Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by four winds View Post
What's the name of your business, fstbttms?

Nothing wrong with a little self promotion.
Yes there is. I am not a paying sponsor of this forum and as such, advertising my business here would violate the CF Terms of Use.

Google "hull cleaning San Francisco". You'll find me.
fstbttms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 09:33   #138
always in motion is the future

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sundeer 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstbttms View Post
Interesting that almost none you you would think twice about discharging untreated waste into a marina. Says a lot about you.
Quote:
Excuse me? Exactly what insults did I make?
The 2nd sentence of the first quote. It was not needed and caused you this grief.
s/v Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 09:40   #139
Hull Diver

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by s/v Jedi View Post
The 2nd sentence of the first quote. It was not needed and caused you this grief.
"Grief"? For me? Bwhahahaha! You have been owned in this thread. Clearly I am not the only one who understands that.

Apologies however, if I upset your delicate sensibilities with my rough handling of you.
Old 23-02-2013, 10:01   #140
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor

Boat: FP Athena 38' Poerava

I've followed and benefited many times from fstbttms posts over the past years. Where I wouldn't piss on his leg and tell him it's raining I get the real impression he's tough enough to take anything this board can throw at him.
Tellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 10:02   #141

Quote:
Silly to you because nobody is using your office as a toilet. I have a different take on the subject. You can rationalize it all you like. The point is- when boaters break the law and discharge waste into the marina, I'm the one who gets to swim in it.
How much.rent.do.you pay for "your office". Stop.being so.pissy
motion30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 10:04   #142

Boat: Ohlson 38

Quote:
Interesting that almost none you you would think twice about discharging untreated waste into a marina. Says a lot about you.
When in the water I rarely spend time in Marinas, but if I were in one I would never dump feces. Nasty and inconsiderate to say the least. However, I would think nothing of dumping my urine overboard. (surreptitiously under cover of darkness) You don't work the night shift do you?

On another note, I sympathize with you for your unfortunate choice of a career in which you're guaranteed to occasionally swim in human effluent. Did you not know this would happen when you started cleaning hull bottoms?
virginia boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 10:12   #143
Hull Diver

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginia boy View Post
On another note, I sympathize with you for your unfortunate choice of a career in which you're guaranteed to occasionally swim in human effluent. Did you not know this would happen when you started cleaning hull bottoms?
I do not consider my career choice "unfortunate." Unlike most people, I am my own boss and believe it or not, make a pretty good living in one of the most expensive places in the world to live.

What is unfortunate however, is that apparently many sailors have so little regard for the environment or those providing them with necessary services.
Old 23-02-2013, 10:16   #144

Boat: Custom Marples 40 FC

Popped onto this thread this morning and had some good laughs. There were great posts and replies to the OP. Thanks for those.......

Looks like the wheels have fallen off.......
w32honu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 10:27   #145
always in motion is the future

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sundeer 64

Quote:
"Grief"? For me? Bwhahahaha! You have been owned in this thread. Clearly I am not the only one who understands that.

Apologies however, if I upset your delicate sensibilities with my rough handling of you.
me? I don't even have a smelly urine bottle so I did not feel targeted by you at all. In fact, I mentioned it being illegal before you started.... i.e. I was on your side of things. That must have been too confusing for you may be, as it doesn't happen often that I agree with you?

Besides I never get pooped on by other boats (just by fish, which is healthy as I understand it now )
s/v Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 10:32   #146

Boat: Ohlson 38

Quote:
I do not consider my career choice "unfortunate." Unlike most people, I am my own boss and believe it or not, make a pretty good living in one of the most expensive places in the world to live.
The fact that you're self employed and on financial good footing is irrelevant, but congatulations anyway, and thanks for sharing.

The fact remains that you knowingly chose a profession which requires that you swim in sh*t water. I doubt that your belligerent rants will change that fact, but they
may instigate some purposeful and targeted dumping.
virginia boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 10:34   #147

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenomac View Post
Not a fan of composting toilets myself, but in your deck shoes.... I'd certainly walk the jug up and toss it overboard before I'd turn the galley sink into a urinal. Your thread is perhaps the most disgusting thing I've read on this forum. I'm not saying this to be judgemental or mean spirited, but rather as a former health professional hoping to change your mind from doing what you plan.... before your future dinner guests read this thread.

Frankly, I can't believe you posted this thread on a public forum.

And yet it is fact that there are more bacteria in the gally rag/sponge than in the urine jug.

Sacred cows and all.............
Old 23-02-2013, 11:37   #148

I worked on a tractor trailer rig that had a hole in the bottom of the cab,so I looked in the cab & there was a funnel with a hose on it that fit the hole>> yep on the fly he would tinkle in the funnel & out the bottom & we were hired to WORK ON THAT!! I hear that in some areas in the middle east that train pottys are just a hole & everything just gets splated on the tracks! Humans are nasty critters
Kita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 11:42   #149

Boat: O'Day 28
pirate Re: Dump Airhead urine in galley sink?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellie View Post
I've followed and benefited many times from fstbttms posts over the past years. Where I wouldn't piss on his leg and tell him it's raining I get the real impression he's tough enough to take anything this board can throw at him.

While I agree with this, I've never seen (or at least noticed) anyone "owning" Jedi in any thread.
Blue Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 11:50   #150

Boat: O'Day 28
pirate Re: Dump Airhead urine in galley sink?

Quote:
Originally Posted by w32honu View Post
Popped onto this thread this morning and had some good laughs. There were great posts and replies to the OP. Thanks for those..............

Is it just me? I read this as "Pooped onto this thread..."
Blue Crab is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
galley