Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 15-12-2010, 11:26   #31

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Magnets from magnetron tubes (used in radar and 'radarranges' aka microwaves) are among the strongest surplus magnets you can find. Years ago I accidentally bumped my wrist against one in a lab and the manufacturer of my watch (which gained four hours between lunch and dinner after that bump!) asked the jeweler to "Please find out what your customer did to our watch!" which was certified anti-magnetic.<G>

"I hum to keep the tigers away. It seems to be working. "
Gord, I think that was a calssic joke published in The New Yorker years ago. Man is walking down Park Avenue, passes a doorman every day, always snapping his fingers. The doorman asks "Why are you always snapping your fingers?" and the man says "It keeps away the lions." The doorman says "But there are no lions in New York" and the man says "See? It's working!"

The funny thing is that EVERY test of the magnetic fuel gizmos by EVERY testing body that isn't selling them says the same thing: No known result, no known explanation, no causality. Total snake oil and the artfully crafted deceptive milspec claims should say enough.

When one of them is installed along with NEW FILTERS new plumbing or other devices that are long known and proven to keep fuel clean...gee whiz, it isn't hard to figure out which half of the equipment is really doing the job. No shame in getting taken, it happens to all of us at some time. There are full time professional con men and bunko artists out there doing their best to make sure it happens.

I bet that if I bolted a few of them (the vendors) to a bulkhead I could get them milspec rated, too. "Hold still, Mister, this is gonna give you another milspec rating to help sell your goods." <G>

hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2010, 11:46   #32
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cooper 416 Honeysuckle
Originally Posted by hellosailor View Post
There's no way that putting a box of magnets on your fuel line will do anything to your fuel. No one, no where, no agency, no lab, no university, NO PLACE has been able to substantiate their claims.

Odds are your go-no-go filter is the real hero, and the only working part of that system.

Now a system that harmonically aligns the tanks with the vibrations emitted by the moon at low tide. Well, that would be a different story

“We are the universe contemplating itself” - Carl Sagan

hummingway is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: