Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-06-2016, 13:25   #1

Location: Mountains south of Campo. South East of TKT in Baja.
Boat: 45 ft., Leopard
damaged sacrificial keel leopard 44

I damaged the sacrificial keel on my 44 1999 Leopard. I have not received a response from R&C yet. Has anyone out there had to repair or replace one? The boat is in San Felipe, Baja California. I will probably have to take it to Puerto Penasco to get it out of the water, but I need to know how to repair it, or get a new one. The damaged area is about 15 feet long. Anyone ever repaired one? Fiberglass from outside with thin plywood support inside as a mould? Remove keel and work from inside out? Any suggestions and/or pointers appreciated. Is the keel normaly hallow and water in it? The thickness of the material is very thin. I am sure this was engineard this way thus sacrificial! Anyone have a diagram or specs on one? Have a nice day. Hector
fuentes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keel, leopard