So I moved my boat to her new home and took a dive on her because the water
was deep and clearer at this marina. The transit was about an hour at hull
so I ran her hard on and off). Mind you, it has been in the water for almost 7 months (end of December we splashed)
Well, the Marpro ablative I put on the shaft and prop looked clean. There was paint missing on the prop blades, which was expected.
, we'll the hull looked like the day I put her in on probably 80 percent of the hull. There was only a thin film of blackish slim/algae? On the under belly but stopped at the keel and the turn of the bilge
. I didn't have a camera
with me when I dove. But when I get back from this hitch offshore
I'll post pictures.
The area I'm in is Lake Pontchartrain so the water is brackish. We do get barnacles
and slime etc. In fact before I dove on my boat I dove on a 36' sport fish
to clean the trim tabs rudders and propellers for this summer. It has the 67 percent Marpro ablative from Donovan. It had 60-70 percent coverage of full size barnacles
on the underwater hardware
. Hasn't been cleaned since last summer and has 1yr old paint. Our boats were about 3/4 mile from each other before the move.
Thought I'd give an update. Pictures to come.... In another 3 weeks (:
Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk